BDS Hons (USyd) Cert Imp Dent (NYU), MS (NYU)
Qualified with honours from Sydney University, Australia. He then spent 4 years working in one of Sydney’s leading cosmetic and implant practices. In 2006, he relocated to New York and spent the next 4 years undertaking full time postgraduate studies at New York University learning the most advanced techniques in implant dentistry. He also completed a Masters in biomaterials and biomimetics with research focusing on dental implant surfaces and grafting technologies.
Since arriving in the UK in 2009, Dr Holmes has focused his work on the more difficult and challenging implant cases. Having been through implant treatment himself, he is well placed to empathize with his patients and explain the procedure from first-hand experience, paying special attention to the maintenance and long term stability of the treatment provided. He is also passionate about looking the general dental health of his patients and when indicated doing minimally invasive cosmetic treatments to improve the overall look of their smile.
Dr Holmes is a member of the American Academy of Osseointegration, Association of Dental Implantology UK and sits on the board of the young clinitians committee. He regularly attends National and International conferences and publishes and presents his work in peer reviewed dental journals and dental meetings.
Lectures and Publications
- March 2014 – IOCOR, Lisbon
- April 2014 – ADI, Belfast
- October 2014 – ICOI – Japan
- February 2015 – London Dental Fellowship
- September 2015 – Dental Implant Surfaces and Biomaterials. British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry
- 5th October 2015 – Dental Implant Therapy – Lessons To Learn from the Past. London, England
- December 2015 – Outcome measurement in Dental Care, a paradigm shift Columbia University
- Feb 2016 – Peri-Implantitis, treatment and prevention; the latest research. ADI Annual Congress, UK
- April 2016 – Dental Implants and minimal intervention dentistry. All-on-four Vs. Maintain-and-restore. ADI Study Club, UK