BDS, PhD, Specialist Periodontics, Adv Dip Perio (NYU), Specialist Clinical Teacher Periodontology (Guy´s Hospital).
Dr Casanova graduated in dentistry from the University of Oviedo, Spain in 2006. Following a period of work in private practice she moved to New York where she completed 2 years full-time training in Periodontology at New York University College of Dentistry. She completed her PhD in Medicine in 2012, where she investigated the links between Periodontal disease and systemic diseases such as Diabetes.
Since arriving in the UK in 2009 Dr Casanova has restricted her practice to periodontology and implant dentistry offering a full range of periodontal treatments including regenerative and cosmetic procedures, microsurgical periodontal plastic surgery (gum surgery), implant dentistry and bone augmentation procedures. She is a Specialist Clinical Teacher at KCL Guy’s Hospital.
Dr Casanova is a member of the British Society of Periodontology, American Academy of Periodontology, Royal Society of Medicine and the Association of Dental Implantology UK. She regularly attends National and International conferences and publishes and presents her work in peer reviewed dental journals and dental meetings.
Lectures and Publications
- 26th May 2016 – Oral health and Diabetes. BDA Annual Meeting. Manchester, England.
- 25th May 2016 – Oral health and Diabetes. Sanofi diabetologist symposium. Reading, England.
- 16th November 2015 – Periodontal Plastic Surgery, from gingival excess to gingival deficiency. BACD Annual Meeting.
- 5th October 2015 – Diabetes and Oral Health. Why Does it Matter? London, England
- September 2015 – Periodontal Procedures to enhance Natural Teeth. British Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry
- July 2015 – Introducing Diabetes Dental Care. London, England
- December 2014 – Columbia University, New York City
- November 2014 – Diabetes Specialist Nurse interest Group, Central Thames Area
- October 2014 – London Medical Hospital
- July 2014 – London, England
- May 2014 – London, England
- April 2014 – King’s College London, Endocrinology Department
Diabetes and Periodontal Disease: A two-way relationship – British Dental Journal. Click To View
Gingival Recession: Management the 21st Century – PPD Preventive Care In Focus. Click To View
Dentist Profile – PPD Dentist Profile. Click To View
Risk Assessment Before Extraction for Immediate Implant Placement in the Posterior Mandible: A computerised Tomographic Scan Study – J. Periodontal (March 2011). Click To View
Diabetes & oral health – Diabetes UK Care Connect Campaign (2015). Click To View
Pregnancy Toolkit – Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Ltd (JDRF) (2014). Click To View